Patrina's Defining Moment...
In 1992, Patrina recalls a defining but yet unfulfilled moment that would change the course of her life. She felt a tear running down the right cheek of her face, and then hearing “not my kids”, “not my kids” resounding from deep down inside of her being. She remembers waiting to pick up her oldest son from a very exclusive summer camp in Prince Georges County, Maryland.
A camp he would not have been able to attend on her entry level position salary, while at the same time residing in low income subsidized housing. However, he was fortunate to receive a full scholarship, winning 1st place at his School’s Science Fair. On that same day, she remembers seeing families whom exemplified a model that she wanted for her family.
So, she purposed in her heart to create a better life for she and her family. Unknowingly, to Patrina the seed of The Not My Kids Foundation, Inc. was planted as well. Shortly after that, she got a better paying job and they moved out of public housing.
Compassion matched with Divine Inspiration
- Post Graduate Professional license,
- Certified in special learning disabilities, emotional disturbance,
- ESOL Endorsed
- Certified Reading Specialist K-12.
- Certified Master Teacher by Intel Teach to the Future Program
- Certified by Riverside to administer the Woodcock Johnson III achievement test
- Proficient in administering the Wilson Reading Systems, WADE
- Certified tutor through Tutor Trek
- Completed Daniel’s Dash 5K March 2013
- Nominated for JM Lexus African America Achiever 2013 – 2014
- Nominated for Community Citizens 2013
- Nominated for 2013 – 2014 Non-Profit of the Year in the Category of Rising Star
- Alpha Sigma Lambda honor society
- International Reading Association
Boards / Affiliations / Leadership Roles
- Florence Bertell Academy in Prince George’s County Maryland Counsel on Accreditation Board
- CEO B.O.H. Systems, Inc.
- Chairperson for Total Quality Assurance, Florence Bertell Academy
- Middle States Commission on Accreditation Visiting Team
- School Advisory Chair person (SAC), Pines Middle School
- Literacy Task Force, Broward Schools District
- Consultant, Winning Step, Inc.
(Vice President / Co-Founder)
Meet Kellie Thompson, she is a native of Washington, DC. She is an author of two books Yes You Are A Champion Turning Everyday Challenges into Victory, and 30 Minute 30 Day Business Journal. She has been a licensed cosmetologist since 2000, master stylist for 6 years, and certified make-up artist for 9 years. She is the owner of Successful Looks, LLC, a premier leader in the hair care and cosmetic industry. We want to help every woman enhance her natural beauty by providing the finest hypo-allergenic products. These products are infused with natural minerals, oils, and Vitamins A, C, and E. It’s no surprise that Successful Looks has established quite a buzz in the hair care and cosmetic industry.