- The Not My Kids Foundation participates in Broward County School Wide initiatives such as The Above the Influence Rally. We encourage students to stand above the influence of peer pressure, bullying, drugs, alcohol and any kind of harmful or destructive behavior.
School Based Mentoring
- The Not My Kids Foundation, Inc. is registered with Broward County Public School Systems as a Business Community Partner. Our (P.K. Girls’ ) girls’ mentoring program is not only recognized on a school-wide level, but we are also recognized on a national level as partners with National Mentor Network . We meet weekly at Pines Middle School, in Pembroke Pines, Florida.
Young Womens Community Mentoring Program
- PK Girls is our community based young women’s mentoring program. PK stands for Patrina and Kelly, the founder and co-founder of the Not My Kids Foundation. Our goal is to teach and train our girls to be successful, confident young women. We take them on educational and recreational field trips to expose them to new things and to inform them about the countless opportunities that are available to them. We also do a lot of community outreach. We teach our girls the importance of serving and caring for themselves and others.
- Click Here to Learn More About Our PK Girls Mentoring Program
- The Not My Kids Foundation is committed to humanitarian work and volunteering in our communities. For instance, our girls’ mentoring program visit (PK Girls) Heartland Nursing Home on Mothers Day; we visit Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital and we send clothing to underprivileged children living in Kingston, Jamaica. We also collaborated on several projects / activities through our partnership with Hands On Broward.
- The Not My Kids Foundation, Inc. host an Annual Scholarship Gala to help send high school students to institutions of higher learning. Each scholarship applicants writes an essay indicating why he or she should be selected as the winner of the Not My Kids Foundation award. The scholarship funds are sent directly to the institution of higher learning in the name of the winner. Make a Donation to the Scholarship Fund. Your gift could determine the outcome of a child’s future.